MUST HAVES FOR ANY ZERO PROOF BAR
By now, you’ve committed to living a more sober curious lifestyle. You’ve tried a few sober nights and had a blast. You’ve delighted in some alcohol free cocktails made with Ritual. And just like a couple looking for their first apartment, you’re ready to take the next big step. It’s time to build your very own zero proof bar.
This list of essentials will get you on your way to shaking up Last Words and Matadors like the pros. We’ve ranked this list by category starting with the essentials. Think of it like a food pyramid for quality cocktails.
- Zero proof alcohol. We recommend Ritual Whiskey Alternative, Ritual Gin Alternative, and Ritual Tequila Alternative. Every zero proof bar must have a strong foundation. Like the bottom of the food pyramid, our non-alcoholic spirits are the building blocks to delicious drinks. You’re still getting the warmth and botanical flavor of spirits, but without the booze.
- Mixers. Soda water, tonic, cider, fruit soda, fruit juice. Most cocktail recipes call for a mixer. You can make some delicious drinks, like a Gin and Juice, with just these first two categories. But c’mon, you don’t want to stop there, do you?
- Something sweet. Simple syrup, agave, maple syrup. Introduce a little sugar into the equation, and your taste buds will thank you. You can even make your own herbal syrup at home. We like using lemon verbena, lavender, rosemary, basil, and mint in various combinations.
- Citrus. Lemons, limes, oranges. Now we’re getting into fancy territory. Citrus is a nice twofer because you get the juice and the garnish (peel, slice or wheel!) Talk about efficiency.
- Bitters. This is one of those weird words where the singular is the same as the plural. Thanks, English language! Whether you stock up on one or many, bitters are a great way to add a shot of flavor to your drink. Flavors include the classic Angostura, peppermint, peach and just about any fruit you can think of. Most bitters contain some alcohol, but after a few dashes, your drink will still likely be under .5% ABV. You can also find non-alcoholic brands if you don’t want a trace of booze.
- Herbs. Mint, basil, rosemary. Fresh herbs will really elevate your cocktails. Whether you’re muddling them, using them as a garnish, or both, herbs are going to add big time flavor and aroma.
- Maraschino cherries. Both the literal and proverbial cherry atop this cocktail pyramid.
Now get out there and create your masterpieces. Cheers!
Shop Now >